The Houser Law Firm in Jacksonville, FL focuses exclusively in family law issues, but how do you know when it is time to reach out for legal help? This week's blog post talks about when you should think about hiring an attorney.
Family law is comprised of many issues, however most of those issues pertain to the following areas. You can click on each one to read more about what each of these issues are and how we can help.
- CHILD SUPPORT
- ATTORNEY'S FEES
- PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
- MODIFICATIONS OF CHILD SUPPORT AND TIMESHARING
- EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION
So how do you know when to hire an attorney? There are many different scenarios that can and do play out with each of these subject matters. Here's a list, of when it may be time to seek legal counsel.
- feel you can no longer reach amicable resolutions with the other party;
- feel overwhelmed and unsure what your legal options are;
- cannot understand paperwork sent to you by another attorney;
- matters are getting out of hand (arguing or fighting with the other party);
- are unhappy with current arrangements and aren't sure how to make changes.
If you are currently represented by an attorney, but are unhappy with their representation, you may and should reach to find another attorney.
If you're still unsure of when to reach out, feel free to schedule a complimentary consultation. You will receive legal counsel during the consultation, which may assist you in the next steps of your case. Click the button below to get started.